Heating or Chilling Tank Contents. Heat and Thaw or Chill Tank Car Contents by quality equipment manufactured by the Northstar group Inc. Sales in Canada by Datel Energy Systems Inc. Transportable Skid or Trailer Mounted Heating Systems to Heat and Thaw Tank Car Contents such as Biodiesel, Corn Syrup, Tallow, Canola, Caustic, Heavy Oiland other solid to liquid materials.
Typical Northstar Dragon Wagon Configuration by Heating or Chilling Tank Contents
A complete Dragon Wagon Heating system consists of the following base components:
- • HEATER: Model 760 Water heater UL with 115 Volt Burner, 750,000 BTU’s with Exhaust Stack
• MOTOR: 5 HP Electric Motor 230V, 1 Phase. (Or 9.5 HP Kohler Diesel)
• FUEL TANK: 100 Gallon Fuel Tank
• CIRCULATION PUMP: 115 Volt 1.5 HP Baldor Motor with Rotary Gear Circulation Pump 10
• CENTRIFUGAL PUMP: Ace 2″ Cast Iron Centrifugal Pump Belt Drive with 12 Volt
• magnetic clutch, 30 GPM
• TANK: Insulated 600 Gallon Square Water Tank, 11 Gauge Steel, 48” x 48” x 60” H • FRAME: Heavy Steel Channel Frame with Forklift Pockets
• FOB: Alcester, SD 57001 • Delivery is 45 to 60 days after receipt of order
• Optional Adder includes a Timer for shut off for unattended shutdown.
- Shipping Information Weight 2500 Pounds / Empty Water Weight when full, approx 5,000 pounds (600 Gallons) Diesel Weight when full, approx 750 pounds (100 Gallons) Total Weight Loaded 8,250 Pounds Length of 13 feet Width 5 feet Height 7 feet Pickup 110 Iowa Street Alcester SD 57001
- Guide Experience: Spectent tonitrua mutastis
Chillers – Chilling Tank Contents
Chill tank cars, ISO containers, or other steam capable vessels
Chill Tank Cars, ISO Containers, or other Steam Capable Vessels
1. The water-glycol mix is pumped into the ISO container (pump running)
2. The chiller unit is turned on
3. The contents are cooled
4. Turn off the chiller
5. Turn on the compressor
6. Chase the fluid back to the reservoir.
7. Shut everything down.
- Chiller features:
Chiller and pump in a single package.
Flow Safety Switch and freeze stat safety
Receiver / accumulator
Flooded condenser for low ambient control
Hot gas capacity control (limits compressor short cycling during times of low loading).
Insulated, vented poly tank with sight glass level indicator
Condenser coating for sea air corrosion resistance
- Skid Mount. Install chiller, steel tank (200 gal.) and air compressor on a steel skid. Includes tank, labor and pipe between tank and chiller and between air compressor and fluid line, check valve.
Skid to be constructed of 4” channel base with 2” tube steel cross members and topped with diamond deck plate.
Controls for chiller on/off, pump on/off and air-compressor on/off will be mounted to side of chiller. Chiller air flow will be suction from tank/air compressor side and air discharge out end of shipping container.
If mounted in a sea container by customer, both ends of doors to be open for adequate air flow.
Chiller fluid supply and return piping will be plumbed to a rigid bracket on end of skid with 1.25” FPT connection. Skid will be powder coated (excluding the decking).
Standard lead time is approximately 6 weeks (verify prior to ordering).